Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cure to dry, brittle, sun-damaged hair?

2-3 summers ago, I sprayed my hair with "Sun-In" to lighten it. It got MUCH lighter and has been extra-dry ever since. It's gotten better as my hair has grown back and I've cut the split ends, but every summer, it comes back. My hair gets so light. My natural color is dark brown but it turns to light brown. It gets super dry with the chlorine and sun, since I'm outdoors a lot in the summer. This summer, I am going to summer camp. I need a quick cure so that it doesn't take me hours to fix my dry hair. Something that I can spray in before going swimming or something. Anything! Thanks.



Cure to dry, brittle, sun-damaged hair?

Okay this is from the expert of dry hair - 29 years experience:)



Wash your hair like your normally do and take your normal shower... WHEN YOU ARE DONE.. get a thick conditioner like the 3 minute miracle or the neutrogena one that comes in a jar. Slather it on, then put on a shower cap and blow dry your head. LEAVE THE SHOWER CAP ON, just make sure that your cap is getting the hot hair. Do this for a few minutes and leave the conditioner on for a while and then rinse.



I do this on the days that I am cleaning my house and am not going out :)



Cure to dry, brittle, sun-damaged hair?

Climate plays a very vital role in hair breakage. The are certain tips and solutions for sun damaged hair. Refer the site for a good result.



Cure to dry, brittle, sun-damaged hair?

a good conditioning treatment is the trick. either go to the salon, or get a hot oil treatment and do it at home. but i recommend going to the salon, yeah, it might cost a little more than doing it yourself, but the conditioners are really worth the extra couple bucks



Cure to dry, brittle, sun-damaged hair?

One thing you can do it get a good spray in/leave in conditioner and use it daily. A lot of detangling sprays are good for this as well. Another thing to do would be to take some regular conditioner and mix it with some water, to make it sprayable, and before going out swimming or in the sun, spritz some of this mixture on your hair. Also, make sure you wash and condition your hair really well after going out swimming, to rinse the chemicals out immediately. The longer they stay on your hair afterward, the more damage they do to it.



Cure to dry, brittle, sun-damaged hair?

Biolage has a sunsorials colection which has a protective spray oil, and after shmapoo and conditioner as well as a mask. These I would suggest for things such as swimming, and the beach. For everyday use they wont cut it. You should always use a color care shampoo and conditioner, even if your hair isnt colored. And I suggest getting a shine sparay with a uv filter and blocker. I use matrix and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment