Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

I have thick straight hair and a year ago moved from a climate that is hot and dry to a climate that is very humid. Since I moved my hair has become a frizzy/flyaway mess and nothing I have tried has helped at all. Here's what I've tried in the past (to name a few):



*Spraying my hair with hairspray - Hairdresser's suggestion



*Hair smoothing gels of 3-4 companies (these were all for curly hair mainly and aimed at frizzy hair not humidity affected hair)



*Hair smoothing milk by Loreal Fructis - for humidity affected hair



*tonnes of different shampoos and conditioners



What I want to know is if there is any natural remedy or some kind of product I can try to help minimise the frizz. I'm at wit's end here and am willing to try anything.



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

I have straight thick hair as well and I use panteen pro v shampoo and conditioner.



I recommend Dove anti-friz smoothing cream. I use it and not only does it smell great, it makes my hair look awesome.



Here's a pic.



http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31...



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

go to a salon and ask them to thin out your hair it wont affect the length but more the volume, get a good straighter and use biosilk



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

you can try rinsing your hair with cold water after you finishing shampooing and conditioning. john frieda products also work really well (for me). and you could try a spray in conditioner while your hair is still damp. also, investing in a good flat iron (straightener) would probably help. other than that, you might just have live with the hair you've got... good luck!



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

ya there is somthing to put on your hair put olive oil on your hair leave it 4 3 days brush it befroe you go to sleep ok then wash your hair good and than u see wat would haPPEN



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

Tie it up and forget about it. Straightening it is a total waste of time, the humidity gets to it before you even leave the bathroom, and sometimes as you are straightening it. You could have your hair thinned out professionally if that factor bothers you. But if you like your hair without the humidity, I'd just tie it up in a loose messy ponytail or a loose bun and don't worry about it!



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

skip the supermarket brands.. LOL



go to a price attack. they are always happy to help..



i kno there is an anti humidity product they sell. im trying to remeber which brand its in... :/ i think its paul mitchel, or KMS.. err well that doesnt help... but yeah get a good consultation from a hairdresser from price attack!! :)



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

yo chick get wild root its a foreign product that never seizes to amaze me every chick is jealous of my lucious hair



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

Hey,



Ok, you have to make sure that your shampoo , conditioner and styling products are all from a good range of brand. No use using a great styling product , with supermarket shampoos.



Try Aveda, www.aveda.com you also should be able to find a salon that sells aveda, most of the time you will have to go to upper class salon, as aveda is very picky to which company they distribute their products to.



I think Aveda, Brilliant range might me great for you. The Brilliant range was mainly designed for very thick such as African-American hair but depending on the thickness of ur hair u just might have to use the slightest bit. Great products:



1. AVEDA Brilliant universal styling creme



2. AVEDA Anti-humectant Pomade



hope that helps



Help Needed with Humidity + Straight Thick Hair?

Okay chica, I live in Wisconsin (VERY humid when not freezing) and I have the same hair type as you. Pantene is the best for shampoo + conditioner (esp. conditioner), howeve Biolage is the best expensive brand I have tried.



When living in a Really humid climate, your best friend is going to be a straight iron. I use FRIZZ-EASE Hair Serum Extra Strength Formula and blow-dry my hair, then I just grab pieces and flatten w/ the straight iron. With thick hair, it's way too much time to seperate the strands before you iron, so I just grab sections on the outside and get at it.



If you haven't already tried "Frizz-Ease: Straight Answer", DON'T. It doesn't really flatten your hair unless you sleep on it, and it's really sticky.



"Frizz-Ease Hair Serum" is the best, but with this hair type and climate, whenever your hair gets wet it will frizz, so I usually just try to put it into a messy pony-tail, without combing it, when it does get wet. It looks like a messy rock-star pony-tail.



And if I know it's going to be a really humid day, I put some kind of curling serum into it and scrunch it. You should at least try this if your hair is long. When it's wet, run some curling serume through it. Tilt your head and put your palm underneath a section of your hair, then bring your palm up to your head. Your hair should kind of go around in circles in your hand as you're bringing it up to make a curl(s). Keep pushing up curls all the way around your hair and then maybe repeat. After you are done "pushing up curls", spray some hair spray all around it.



Through out the day, when ever it gets limp or frizzy, run your hands under water and 'Flick' it at your hair a couple times, then get your hands wet a few more times and do the thing where you "push up curls" again around your head. If it still needs fixing, get your hands wet, runs fingers through hair, wet hands again and "push up curls".



Also, like others said, Biosilk is a great product for frizz, and rinsing your hair with cold water after conditioning (although unpleasent) is very good for the condition of your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment